Welcome to the 90K...It's All About Time Blog!

To celebrate the 90th Anniversary of Emmanuel College, we asked you to take time to make a difference by raising 90,000 alumni volunteer hours during our anniversary year...and you have!

Over the past several months, I have so enjoyed hearing what you are doing to contribute to 90K. Now, with the launch of the 90K blog, you can share your experiences and ideas with everyone in the Emmanuel community. Please let us know what you are doing to make a difference.

With best wishes,

Jennifer Puccetti, '89 Chair, 90K...It's All About Time

Thursday, January 22, 2009

My hours & CityYear's hours

I just wanted to share a story about the difference of crediting family & friend hours.

On Martin Luther King Day, I volunteered at the Raising of the Roof concert, hosted by the Boston Children's Chorus. I was offered the volunteer opportunity through work, so naturally I took my coworkers hours' volunteered as credit to 90K. I went a bit further, CityYear was there as well, I contacted the CityYear Leader for the event, and told her about the EC volunteer effort. I asked if I could take credit for the CityYear hours volunteered for the event.....she said 'YES', and with that I was able to ADD to my volunteer time 87 hours worked!!

All you have to do is ask.....and then take credit!!

No comments: